I love to find books that complement my practice in creative mindfulness and self-care. I am always on the lookout for new material to read and learn from. Here is a list of books that have inspired me and that I hope will inspire you too! If you have a suggestion for books that I have not included feel free to leave a comment. I have linked them to Amazon for you to review/purchase if you want. I have linked the physical books, but many of them also offer a Kindle version or even an Audible version.
My Favorite Books, In No Particular Order:
Books Currently On My Reading List for 2022:
- “Making Your Creative Mark: Nine Keys To Achieving Your Artistic Goals” by Eric Maisel
- “Drawing Your Own Path: 33 Practices at the Crossroads of Art and Meditation” by John F. Simon Jr.
- “Deep Creativity: Seven Ways to Spark Your Creative Spirit” by Deborah Ann Quibell, PhD., Jennifer Leigh Selig, PhD., and Denis Patrick Slattery PhD.
- “Paint Yourself Calm: Colorful Creative Mindfulness Through Watercolor” by Jean Haines
- “Soul Centered” Transform Your Life in 8 Weeks With Meditation” by Sarah McLean
Children’s Books I Love
These books are of course great for kids, but they also deliver a wonderful message that I have found many adults respond to as well.